Thursday 14 October 2010

Out on the bank again Last Night...

Decided to fish another stretch a bit further upstream from where I normally fish and on a different swim too, but didn't even have a sniff, zilch, nothing, nada. There were plenty of Kingfishers, a few herons knockin about and  the odd kestrel hovering around the bankside in what was a nice afternoon (weather-wise) to be on the bank.

Come around 6 oclock I moved downstream to a well known more prolific swim and as the sun set, by christ did the mist rise and the temperature dropped, not to the freezing mark, but not far off. Now I started getting bites in the more prolific spot, but couldn't connect with owt, there must've been a shoal of skimmers in the swim as everytime the rig was cast in place, the amount of knocks, rattles and slight pulls on the rod tip resulted in a 15mm boilie smashed in half. Some would say I was plagued by crayfish but not where I were on the Trent, no twas definately a shoal of skimmers.

So a total blank was had, maybe it's time I stopped chucking three to four rod lengths out and concentrated more on the boat channel area! At the present time in life the Trent's low and clear, could really do with another good rain storm to get some colour and flow back into it. Otherwise the stick float gears coming back out again, after those roach and dace.

Speaking about the wildlife I forgot to mention, the amount of dragon flies still hovering around, amongst the other flying insects and surface skaters was also a sight to see and by the end of the session the huge flock of noisy Canadian geese finally settled down in one of the gravel pits at the back of where I were fishing and on the walk back home there were plenty of rabbits dartin about in and around the fields and bushes surrounding the fields and here was me thinking to myself that the last dose of mixy had killed 'em all off.

No comments:

Post a Comment