Wednesday 6 October 2010

Todays Tip...

Having frequented the fishing sites for a few years and having noticed how most single species anglers want it on plate than rather think for themselves made me realise how easy it is to get carried away with not thinking for myself. Today I did just that, I thought for myself! Rather than go out there on the big WWW I thought stuff it there is another way and whilst pondering over a cup of coffee and a fag "bang" the idea came straight to my mind, just like that. Strange isn't it when you think for yourself, you will always find an answer to any given topic.

So having thought about seeing if my fishing scales are weighing as near enough to as close as damn it acurate, I decided to use two different sized club hammers, one of which weighs 2lbs the other 4lbs and were placed individually into a carrier bag to see if the scales were weighing right.
First up the 2lb club hammer weighed 2lbs 12ozs next the 4lb club hammer which weighed 4lbs 12ozs, now bear in mind both hammers have a hickory shaft so they obviously weigh a little bit more, but that's just one way to find out if your scales are near enough acurate and you haven't got the hassle of posting on a forum asking questions and possibly getting ripped to pieces all because you couldn't think for yourself.

Ok there is also another way of calibrating your scales the easy way by using your clip on feeder leads or Arsley bombs, it really is that simple to open your mind and use your imagination to suss things out for yourself it really really is! What's beyond belief is the kind of questions that are asked on internet forums and the same can be said for the know it all replies, which really do piss me off  "especially" from those whom are glued to the screen 24-7. It really ain't worth it, however it really does pay to think for yourself from time to time after all isn't that what fishing is all about? Not folk like me spelling it ouf you and making it so, so damn easy. And the moral of the story goes... Don't tell someone how to do something if you cannot Do It Yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment