Saturday 9 October 2010

Having Another Session On The River Tomorrow....

Been sorting the gear out for tomorrows session, in fact when I'd sorted the gear out I even decided to tye some spare hook length rigs complete with hairs on, all stored on a rig board inside the rig wallet which is a handy bit of kit to own, so much so I'm considering buying a second one. Hopefully tomorrow the barbel shall play ball, if not I'm happy enough to catch owt that's having a go, that's the thing with my fishing whatever happens I enjoy it regardless of not catching what I went for or even blanking I don't care, I just go with the intensions of enjoying it and why not?.

You see the trouble with some folk I've come across in the fishing world are all so so serious and must catch fish all the time' as if they have made up demands to themselves in mind and what happens when they don't catch, they call the place/venue crap. That sought of thing to me is all wrong, you've just got to learn to enjoy it first and then consistency will reap your rewards of comitment there after. Yeah even I have my moans from time to time apparently, or so I've been told but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy it. Well who wouldn't go fishing to not enjoy it?.

Just read an interesting article over on Bobs blog about a capture of a four pound barbel, that even I assume was grabbed by a wels catfish down on the tidal Trent, that took bob three hours to land, ouch that must of been a painful experience, but that's fishing for you, these things happen and by the sounds of it even bob enjoys telling the story of what happened. Annoyingly this has happened to myself when stick float fishing for roach, dace and other stuff, the pike have come along and grabbed the hooked fish, then tore off down the river and snapped the line, but I just re-rig the rod carry on fishing to my ut most capabilitys of enjoyment and why not?.

Anyway to all whom are out on the banks this fine weekend, have a good'un, I know I will, even if I cannot shake off this dreaded man flu that is doing the rounds in the big wide world.

No comments:

Post a Comment