Friday 22 October 2010

Could This Be The Way Forward?

Having read a bit of this weeks Anglers Mail, I came across this bit of news from the Angling Trust, seeking value for your licence fee. Now don't get me wrong but the idea of getting the Environment Agency "reformed" couldn't be such a bad idea but if you ever read barbel fatwa world? Would you want those kind of clowns policing your waterways? Nah I certainly wouldn't, especially if it meant being dictated to by a bunch of know it all barbel policemen!! So if the idea of reform goes ahead with the Angling Trust, Association of Rivers Trusts et al having more say in how the EA is run would that mean that I You They and Us, "WE" actually get a say in what goes with the day to day management of river fisheries? Personally I think it would work BUT! only in the right hands!

As I said in the above paragraph, it'd be no good having BFW know it all policemen managing our waterways. It has to be the right people, those with the skills and knowledge to maintain the general management of river fisheries, so the EA can concentrate on dealing with poachers, illegal fish smugglers and polluters. But that doesn't mean that I am personally prepared to tackle licence dodgers, no the EA still needs to concentrate on that subject too.

Link to the news from Anglers Mail  I think the only way forward with this idea is to give it a try and see how it goes, if it works then great, but if it don't then at least it been tried but at the end of the day it really does need to work and hopefully the BS will join in and put some of their funds and time into the equasion, then and ONLY then I would consider membership with!

No comments:

Post a Comment