Tuesday 14 September 2010

Had a few sessions fishing recently....

This last past month has been hard going, out on the good 'ole Trent not many barbel or chub showing themselves, but the roach are having a go on hemp and tares.

In fact it's been that hard with the barbel, mainly because the rivers low and running clear, so I've tried night fishing for 'em, but to no avail, I think it's time to leave the boilies and pellets alone for a while "at least until we get some flood water and colour in the river" and go back to basics, with the maggots hemp and caster approach, on the stick float instead of just staring at rod tips!

I cannot believe how well England are now playing "the way they played in the recent friendly and Euro qualifier", compared to the disappointing performance out in South Africa "it makes me wander if they just don't want to win another world cup!" and I bet I'm not the only one thinking that way, either!

Autumn is just around the corner and it won't be long before this year is over and done with. Plenty of work on at the moment, but there is just never enough hours in a day, oh well carry on regardless, as they say...

No comments:

Post a Comment