Sunday 13 March 2011

Well, that's that for another three months...

Yeah the coarse fishing close season ends tomorrow 14/03/2011 at midnight on our rivers, but you can still fish for eels with an half inch gape hook, if you wanted to.
Me, I'll not bother because I'll most definitely be canal fishing, so that'll be that.

Had my last session of this season this afternoon on the river & blanked, Frank was down there fishing the stick, he had one chub, another angler also blanked in what looked like ideal conditions for a few fish to show themselves, but alas was not to be.

Considering it's nearing the end, I'd have thought the banks would've been very busy this weekend, but that weren't the case, just three anglers, half a dozen or so cyclists, a few bird watchers & the usual local dog walkers, just about sums up your average weekend then.

Footie

I see Doncaster were very lucky to hold us "Notts Forest" to a Nil-Nil draw, next time we'll have yer.

Rugby

England were lucky this afternoon against the jocks, considering their poor performance, still a wins a win.




& finally, I'd just like to say a big thank you to all the people who have helped, assisted & advised myself this last season, cheers guys, I probably wouldn't have done it without you.

So whatever you get up to in the next three months, have a good'un.

No comments:

Post a Comment