Saturday 19 March 2011

Bit of a gamer....

Apart from the fishing & all the other stuff, I'm also abit of a gamer & why not, I use the pc for just about anything & everything else, so I utilise some of my spare time into gaming, mainly FPS games, such as Alien Arena & Warsow, which are freeware, so why pay for them when you can get them for nowt.
For those that don't no what FPS stands for, it means first person shooter, so anyway here is a link to a vast data base of freeware  games, that I've been using for a few years called Gamershell.com where you'll also find regular updates & patches for your other games such as World of warcraft, grand theft auto & so on.

What I like about FPS games is that you do not have to have a joystick or gamepad, just your mouse & keyboard. Some FPS games have the options to use joysticks & gamepads if you want to use them & I think joysticks for gaming are a damn site more comfortable to use than your average mouse, but then that is just down to user preference.
Apart from FPS games, Windows OS's & Ubuntu Linux OS's come bundled with a few games packages, I don't no about Apple Mac pc's, cos I've not yet got round to trying out a pc running Mac, that's something I intend to have a dabble with sometime in the near future.
I know the FPS games are available for both Windows & Linux, of cause some of them are available for Mac pc's, there are also some dedicated servers for online gaming aswell, if you wish to partake in that past time, I do have a dabble myself from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment