Tuesday 20 August 2013

One man went to mow....

Mowed the lawn yesterday afternoon It takes a couple of hours to do & I'm seriously considering losing some of it already, watered the tomatoes, now they are starting to come on nicely, got some nice blackberries & decided to leave one elderberry bush near to my shed which will provide some nice chub & roach bait, it's got a nice bloom of berries on it that are still green at the moment in time but should be ripe, probably by the end of this month.
I've had some great results with elderberry in the past, caught some nice roach, also dace on it & decent chub too fished over a bed of hempseed with a few casters & mini feed pellets, on both stick float & feeder tactics.
Bream used to like elderberry too in a local gravel pit & on a stretch of canal I used to frequent, but for some strange reason I cannot tempt the barbel in the Trent with elderberry, I've tried stringers, scaled down the tackle, tried longer & shorter hook lengths, it's gonna be a case of try, try & try again until I find what works with barbel & elderberry, maybe they don't like elderberry, I'm not sure or maybe it's the way I'm presenting elderberry to them !

Right better go get on with some jobs, :)

No comments:

Post a Comment