Thursday 13 December 2012

Last Month Of 2012.

This morning I woke to the temperature of  minus 4 & it's white over with a good ground frost, yesterday it were minus 3 but by 11.00am the frost had thawed, somehow I don't think it will today.

Re: Operation Arsehole update, it seems since I mentioned in the previous blog post about naming & shaming the local tow rags, (with addresses); the Police in the area have had a major purging operation on these low life scumbags, three of which are serving time in Glen Parva for Christmas, shame on them, the others however have mysteriously disappeared ! With no trace & the good thing is things have rapidly quietened down in the area.

So I've got a little bit of time on my hands, whilst waiting for a customers part, to finish off a job & I've decided to update the blog in the process of playing for time.

Last year we had the 11th day of the 11th month of the 11th year, this year we've just had yesterday the 12th day of the 12th month of the 12th year, at least we cannot have the 13th day of the (13th month) of the 13th year next year!.

Also another thing remembrance day was without any interruptions from the Muslim fraternity a quiet day, only because the big noises of the right wing groups had threatened the Muslim council of Great Britain, would be held firmly responseable for any poppy burning & chanting of British soldiers burning in hell.

Moving on, I've been, in my spare time digging out some photographs of the past & one particular photo came out in the bunch of pics reminding myself of my old German Shepherd Dog, Jessie, now unfortunately I had to have Jessie put down a few years ago because whilst she were going upstairs she had an heart attack & fell down the stairs rupturing her splean, which had then swollen out into her stomach.

But before that had happened over the years that dog was like my guardian angel, if I were in the garden, she had to be there & fishing, she loved going down the river & ponds, every Sunday morning at around 7.00am almost like clock work, every week she used to wake me up to take her for a walk down the river, that dog knew what day of the week it was.

Now Jessie also got into this habit of digging holes in the back garden, we are not talking small holes here, neither, anyway eventually I managed to stop her from doing this, by keeping her occupied with other things to wear her out, typical German Shepherd, but she was a great dog, & also the burglars steered clear of my house too, she let them know she was there.

One night this idiot broke in the house & he only managed to climb through the window, it were about 2oclock in the morning but Jessie had him there pinned to the sink unit below the window he had got through & she wouldn't let go, she were growling & snarling whilst holding this burglar there who were kicking & screaming at her, but she held him there, my dad at the time could not get her off of him, even when the police turned up that dog held him there, I eventually managed to get her to let go, even the police were dubious of her, I had to grab hold of her by the top & bottom of her mouth to make her let go & she drew blood on the tow rag who never came anywhere near since.

What a dog she were & here is a picture of her when she were about 5 years old stalking rabbits down the riverside tow path coming out of Stoke woods heading towards Radcliffe bend.

On the prowl.

I haven't had a dog since Jessie but I'm now contemplating having another German Shepherd very soon.

Resting on the sofa.


 


chyking out of the window.
& posing for the camera.
I always remember that one particular day I'd just got in from work at 14.30pm & I asked where the dog were because she used to wait at the front door for me coming home, but she were outside in the back garden & when I went to see her in the garden, she got hold of this fuck off great big black rat almost have the size of an adult cat & she were ragging it all over the garden & flinging it against the shed at first the rat was squealing & Jessie was growling & then I saw her fling it several feet up into the air, then it came down & landed hard on it's back which must of broke it because I heard it snap when it hit the ground with a big thud, killed it out right, eventually when I managed to make her let go, so I could dispose of the rat, there were blood all over the shed & at the time we didn't have a dryer we used the washing line & all these white sheets on the washing line all had streaks of rats blood all over them  I were dreading telling the person that had just not a few hours before washed them.

We never used to have any problems with the cats either, even they knew to steer clear, but thats a dogs life, eh?.

Right it's time to go find out where my customers part has got to.

No comments:

Post a Comment