Tuesday 1 February 2011

It's been a while, since I last posted.....

Hope you all had a good Xmas and a nice start to the new year, as for me! Well I've been busy for most of it and only managed to get down the river this last weekend, which resulted in a blank "not a good start" but nice to be out on the bank again.

The weather keeps changing everyday, it's either wet and windy one day and dry, cold and clear the next. Speaking of clear, the water authorities don't mess about with flood water nowadays they just run it straight off leaving the river low and clear, not good in freezing conditions. Anyhow rather than moan about it, me, I just crack on regardless with it, as they say, a bad workman always blames his tools, where as anglers always blame weather conditions, road salt influx + cormorants, otters, etc etc! Pah, yer just make use of the time you've got in any given condition.


Now I'd not been out on the river bank since mid October, due to my work commitments and apart from that November and December were bloody freezing and some rivers up and down the country had frozen or had drifting ice, not ideal conditions but well done to anyone brave enough to have had a bash at that.

So I see the angling forum world hasn't changed much, still the same ole, same ole names preaching the same ole, same ole what ever yer wanna call it. Isn't it time ter move on? some people, eh! Get over it FFS.

I never used to make new year resolutions, because if you don't make them, yer can't break'em, can yer? well we'll see.

Till the next time enjoy whatever ye get up too and tight lines to one and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment