Wednesday 25 July 2012

Last nights session...

Must've spoke too soon about 4 local stretches not being fished for some time, I got down the river last night, 2 of the stretches of local river were loaded out with folks settling in for a session.
OK so I went further downstream to a secluded stretch that had not seen an angler, so far this season.

I settled down for the night in a swim of choice with a steep river bank & with 4ft high grass & nettles flattened down later, I tackled up, ground bait feeder & feed pellets were the choice of loose feed & hair rigged boilies for the hook bait.
Now this tactic has produced the goods on numerous occasions for me, but not last night, nope not a sniff, I blanked.

That nice looking coloured floodwater was pacey, it were running off too fast, has if all the sluice gates upstream were wide open & every bit of floating drift weed & leaves were coming through like there was no tomorrow & yet fish were rising on the surface all night long, strange me thinks, somethings not right.
You can only change your rig so many times & yeah it were a humid night, so after all the rig changing & constant re-baiting of the swim @ 0400hrs I gave up, called it a night, thinking to myself maybe night fishing's not the answer, who knows.

Time for some changing of tactics, not so much tackle wise but bait wise, could be the key solution, as an angler I'm always looking to improve the way I fish & coming from a match fishing background, I'm used to the old (ringing the changes) scenario & finding out what others are having success with, but on these occasions when you've got stretches of river to yourself, it's a case of finding out for yourself what works & what don't through putting theory into practise.

After all I've still got the buzz to get back on the river bank & I cannot wait to have another session soon. 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment