Tuesday 24 July 2012

Alas the sun is shining...

& I'm gagging for a session on the riverbank, had some nice spuds from the garden to go with my Sunday roast in fact I've got plenty left, I'd just got them out in time last weekend before the dreaded blight got to them, due to all the rainfall, now it's spread to my tomatoes which ain't to much of a problem as I just remove the leafs & they are only just flowering so they'll be late, got some radishes coming through & onions, also leaks & just waiting on the lettuce & carrots.

I went to my local B&Q store yesterday to get some more seeds for when these crops have grown so I can get some stew veg growing such as swedes, turnips & parsnips etc, etc & also because during the winter months I couldn't find mushrooms in the fields (probably due to all the immigrants we have) I'm gonna grow my own.

So yeah things are great at the moment, plenty of grafting & gardening & now it's time I got the rods out but first I need to have a bankside reccy to see how much water has flown under the bridge & what condition the rivers in.

Good race in Germany at the weekend, plenty of rain there to for the Hockenheim grand prix, next it's the Hungarian grand prix & hopefully McLaren do the do the 1-2, after Vettells cheating tactics last Sunday, well done Jenson Button on second place.
Off now for that reccy.

No comments:

Post a Comment