Saturday 23 April 2011

Bank holiday weekends & some angling news..

Not like me but this last/past week I'd decided to buy the Angling Times, don't know what made me because I've given up with angling rags due to the same old, same old content week in week out, which to me was a waste of the hard earned, but just recently there are a few topics of interest going on in the wonderful world of angling, like the recent rant by Keef Arfur about he's not going to have his licence money spent on finding out on the basis of science proving why we don't need the annual coarse fishing three months closure on our rivers.

Then there is the clout of the Angling Trust winning a war with the government investment funding of our rivers, yes a nice sum of £100million secured to tackle the likes of invasive species such as signal crayfish & prolific weed growth choking our waterways on the top of the list, looks like the EA has been finally caught with their pants down.
So a big well done all round goes to the Angling Trust, certainly an answer to the aged question of joining the trust whom are now showing just how much clout they really have.
They aren't stupid, if comes to something like this that you have to join forces with the WWF to sucessfully campaign for angling, when the EA are foot loose & fancy free, riding rough shod, then so be it, at the very least the EA has a lot to answer for, if such organisations like the AT, can get it right the first time around, now if that hasn't answered the questions thrown against them in the past of the earlier days of just starting out, then there is something wrong with peoples minds, because to me it answers a hell of a lot & a shame the way the AT had to come about through the demise of the former ACA, but still times moved on with a lot of water gone under the bridge, so if you haven't brought this weeks angling times, just get yourself down to your local supermarket or news agent so you can read the full story of the ATr's latest sucessful campaign.
I've not got it in for the EA but they sure have let their foot off the gas for some time now & shame on them for doing so, because it's become the same old story of just passing the book along.  

Hope everyone is enjoying the easter break, I like chocolate although nowadays I'm not a big fan of it like I used to be when I were younger so tend not to go over the top with it like some folk who like to indulge, nah now and again is nice but that's about it, seems when you grow older you tend to get out of a few of those habits you were used to, also I used to like filling my face with ice cream but don't bother so much now, strange, eh, suppose it's summat to do with moving with the times, who knows?.

With being busy with work & diy in my spare time, I'm beginning to get the urge to get away from it all & wet a line, I think that local canal is just shouting for a good session or two so hopefully within the next few weeks time I'll not be able to resist the urge any longer because I've not been fishing since the season ended on our rivers, it's almost becoming stressful, must be down to the glorious sunshine!, saying that whilst writing this blog post & having just looked out of the window LOL it's just turned overcast, now hopefully all those noisy BBQuers out there might just sod off, after all it's a bank holiday weekend & it wouldn't be the same without some good old British weather, time for a rain dance methinks, oooooh that loverly cool breeze & now I can hear thunder rumbling....

No comments:

Post a Comment